Studies have shown that men have a strong desire to look and feel their best in their professional and personal lives. Luckily, with an array of anti-aging treatments available to help rejuvenate and slow down signs of aging, it’s easier to fight the battle against aging than ever before. Plus, these treatments are not only available to women. Men can also benefit from these age-delaying treatments that are widely available and easily accessible.
If you are a man in your 40s or 60s who values their appearance and is interested in maintaining a youthful and healthy look, Art of Lines in Vancouver, BC, offers a wide range of men’s age-defying treatments. With Dr. Naz Baradaran, you can rest assured that you’ll be matched with an age-delaying treatment that will specifically target common signs of aging, like wrinkles, fine lines, and lost facial volume. Continue reading to learn about four of the most popular Vancouver non-surgical anti-aging treatments offered at Art of Lines and how they can enhance your appearance, boost your self-confidence, and maintain a youthful, vibrant look.
What Causes Male Aging?
Signs of aging in men can be caused by a combination of factors—some can be controlled, and others can’t. Some of the most common causes of wrinkles, fine lines, and facial volume loss include:
- Exposure To Ultraviolet Light— Ultraviolet radiation is the most common cause of the natural aging process and the primary cause of early wrinkling. Exposure to UV light, such as too much time in the sun without sunscreen, breaks down your skin’s connective tissue, decreases the skin’s production of collagen and elastin fibers, and permanently alters the tone of the skin. Without supportive connective tissue, your skin begins to lose its strength and viscosity, leading to sagging and premature wrinkles.
- Smoking— Cigarettes and vape pens all contain the harmful ingredient nicotine, which is a leading contributor to the breakdown of collagen and elastin in the skin. Partaking in this dangerous habit can lead many people to look years beyond their age.
- Repeated Facial Expressions— Facial movements, such as squinting, smiling, or raising the eyebrows, can also lead to fine lines and wrinkles. Each time you use a facial muscle, a groove forms beneath the surface. As the skin ages and loses its flexibility, it can no longer fall back into place. These grooves will then become permanent lines on your face.
- Genetics— You may wonder why your colleague, who is the same age as you, has hardly any wrinkles or lines on their face. The hard truth is some people just have the genetic markers that blessed them with skin that ages slower than others.
- Skincare— It’s no secret that men prefer to keep things simple when it comes to caring for their skin. A bar soap or body wash and a generic moisturizer are usually the extent of how they care for their skin. It’s only recently become more popular for men to find products with anti-aging benefits and beneficial ingredients. A skincare routine can still be simple and practical while also offering anti-aging benefits. A cleansing wash and a hydrating moisturizer can make all the difference in protecting and maintaining a healthy complexion.
Why Are Aesthetic Treatments for Men Becoming More Popular?
The reason behind the boom in aesthetic treatments for men seems to be the same as what’s driving the overall aesthetic market expansion. Firstly, the stigma surrounding cosmetic treatments has significantly reduced in the last several decades. It’s becoming more socially acceptable and commonplace to undergo cosmetic treatments as early as your 20s.
Another reason is that men are becoming more image conscious. There is almost a competitive need to look and feel young. Social media has played a significant part in this, as social media platforms are a form of driving business, entertainment, and personal growth. During the Covid-19 pandemic, when many people were forced to switch to working from home, much of their time was spent in front of some type of screen. This gave them time to become aware of their various flaws, such as wrinkles, dark spots, and tired, sunken eyes.
Another key factor is an increase in the overall awareness of general health and mental wellness. As people become more committed to adopting a healthy lifestyle, looking good naturally follows suit. Undergoing non-invasive anti-aging procedures helps many people feel more confident, which in turn encourages them to continue adopting healthy habits.
In addition, procedures are becoming increasingly non-invasive, meaning they won’t have to worry about the length of recovery times. You can come in for a quick 30-minute treatment and go right back to work or your usual scheduled activities with very few restrictions.
At What Age Should Men Start Anti-Aging Treatments?
Most men will typically start looking for anti-aging treatments such as wrinkles reduction in their early to mid-30s because that’s commonly the time they start to notice the first signs of aging. In our 30s, our body’s production of essential proteins, like the previously mentioned collagen, starts to decrease. We begin to see signs of this through expression lines, wrinkles, dark circles around the eyes, skin sagging, and more. The 30s are also when many men settle down with their partners, start families, and make career advancements. For these life-changing milestones, many men want to take better care of themselves than they did in their twenties. This is the perfect time to start pursuing anti-aging treatment, not only for present imperfections but also to help prevent further signs of aging in the future.
What Are the Top Anti-Aging Treatments For Men in Vancouver?
Botox is often the initial treatment men receive when aiming to address crow’s feet (lines around the eyes) and forehead wrinkles. Botox can quickly and effectively smooth wrinkles that deepen with age. If started when lines are first beginning to appear, these treatments are able to improve skin elasticity, which can reduce the appearance of wrinkles and prevent the formation of new ones over time.
Chin and Jawline Augmentation
A masculine chin and jawline can add definition and youth to a man’s facial profile. Chin and jawline augmentation is a procedure that enhances the chin, jawline, and neck with the use of dermal fillers. This versatile procedure can balance facial proportions, improve facial symmetry, and increase your confidence.
Dermal fillers are another excellent option for immediately reducing signs of aging without surgery. Our dermal filler products are created with high-quality ingredients like hyaluronic acid, and with Dr. Naz’s expert precision, a session with dermal fillers can add volume, smooth wrinkles, reduce lines, and create youthful definition to your facial features.
Belkyra is a prescription medication with a naturally destroying fat substance that is injected directly into fat pockets that create the double chin. Dissolving and permanently removing the extra fat beneath the chin is now an easy lunchtime procedure, with zero nipping or tucking involved. With just a few quick injections, Dr. Naz can help you achieve a structured facial profile.
Discuss Your Options with Dr. Naz at Art of Lines MD in Vancouver, BC
No matter your age, life should be enjoyed and not hindered by a physical appearance setting you back. Whether it’s a job promotion you’re after, an exotic trip with your family, or the start of a new relationship and chapter of your life, we want to help you put your best features forward and feel your most confident. To learn more about these popular Vancouver anti-aging treatments, contact us today to schedule your consultation by calling (604) 973-1939 or request a consultation through our website.